View all facilities

Ashton Villa

Facts
  • Built in 1859
  • One of the first masonry structures on the island
  • Constructed by James Moreau Brown as his family's home
  • Sold to the El Mina Shrine in 1927; the Shriners used the house for offices and social functions until 1968
  • Owned by the City of Galveston and leased to Galveston Historical Foundation for operation as a house museum