View all facilities

Tremont Hotel

Facts
  • Three entities have carried the name "Tremont Hotel"
  • First Tremont Hotel was built in 1839 and located at the corner of Post Office and Tremont streets; destroyed by fire in 1865
  • Second Tremont Hotel was completed in 1872; fell into disrepair in the early 1900s; demolished in 1928
  • Current Tremont Hotel occupies the 1879 Leon and H. Blum Building and is styled to recreate the atmosphere of its namesake