Utility R.O.W Applications
All work performed by a contractor will require Municipal Utilities Inspection Services to have a supervisor oversee the tie-in procedure. Contractor shall email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about a quote for inspection services.
We encourage all applicants for utility right-of-way permits to visit the City of Galveston's official GIS website to view public utilities and CIP Infrastructure Projects Page to avoid any conflicts with CIP projects that are in design and construction.
- For installation of utilities, detailed TX P.E. drawings showing depths, scaled dimension drawings of proposed poles, as well as any other proposed equipment associated with the proposed installation, indicating spacing from existing curb, public right-of-way line, driveways, sidewalks, light poles, off street pathways, and existing public and private utilities.
- Construction and installation methods to be employed for protection of existing structures, fixtures, and facilities within or adjacent to the public right-of-way and the dates and times the work will occur, all of which are subject to approval of the City Engineer.
- The bond amount will be in accordance with the linear feet of proposed buried line x 100. Example, if the proposed buried line is 300-feet then the bond amount would be $30,000. If the proposed buried line is less than a 100-feet then the minimum bond amount is $10,000 respectively.
- Code of Ordinances
- Insurance information : Article VI. - Utility Construction in Public right-of-ways Sec. 31-281 (a)(5)(a.)
- Article VII. - Network Nodes in Public Right-of-Ways Sec. 31.302. - Applicable fees and rental rates to the city @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Email email@example.com and provide the following information listed below.
- Name, number, email, company address, site address, type of work proposed, who the work is performed for.
- Accela registration steps will assist you in completing your online registration once a contractor number is provided to you. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Sec. 31-281. - Registration and construction permits can be found here
Sec. 31-302. - Applicable fees and rental rates to the city can be found here