- You are Here:
- City Council
- City Hall Council Chambers
823 Rosenberg, 2nd Floor
Galveston, TX 77553
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda (PDF) | View All Agendas and Minutes
How to attend and how to comment
The Workshops and Regular Meetings may be attended in person or viewed on G-TV clicking on https://www.galvestontx.gov/420/G-TV
Written public comments are provided to City Council prior to regular meetings but are not being read during the meeting at this time.
Submit a written Public Comment by clicking on https://forms.galvestontx.gov/Forms/PublicComment
- Craig Brown, Mayor
- Email Craig Brown
- Sharon B. Lewis, District 1
- Email Sharon B. Lewis
- David Finklea, District Two
Email David Finklea
- David Collins, District Three
Email David Collins
- Michael "Mikey" Bouvier, District Four
- Email Mike Bouvier
- John Paul Listowski District Five
Email John Listowski
- Marie Robb, District Six
Email Marie Robb
What Is the City Council?
Like state and federal government, city government is organized to balance the legislative, executive, and judicial powers. City Council is the legislative branch, which derives authority from a charter granted by the State of Texas; the city manager is the chief executive officer; and the Municipal Courts judge the guilt or innocence of those accused of breaking city laws and determine punishment for those who are guilty.
The City Council and the mayor establish policy through the adoption of ordinances. The six council positions are elected by district to two-year terms and the mayor is elected at large to a two-year term. Council positions are eligible to serve up to three two-year terms. The City Council appoints the city manager and five other positions: city secretary, city auditor, city attorney, tax collector (currently outsourced to Galveston County), and Municipal Court judge.
The city manager is responsible for administering all city functions: employment of personnel; development, presentation, and administration of the city budget; and implementation of City Council's policies.
City Council Meeting Schedule
- January 26, 2023 - Workshop and Regular
- February 23, 2023 - Workshop and Regular
- March 23, 2023 - Workshop and Regular
- April 27, 2023 - Workshop and Regular
- May 17, 2023 - Special/Election Canvass
- May 25, 2023 - Workshop and Regular
- June 8, 2023 - Park Board Interviews
- June 22, 2023 - Workshop and Regular
- July 27, 2023 - Workshop and Regular
- August 10, 2023 - Workshop and Regular
- August 24, 2023 - Workshop and Regular
- September 14, 2023 - Workshop and Regular
- September 21, 2023 - Special/Budget & Tax Rate
- October 26, 2023 - Workshop and Regular
- November 16, 2023 - Workshop and Regular
- December 14, 2023 - Workshop and Regular @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>