Public Information Office
Tools for Open Government
Read more about open government from the Office of the Attorney General of Texas:
- Open Meeting Handbook (PDF)
- Public Information Handbook (PDF)
- Office of the Attorney General of Texas Website
Open Records Requests
The City Secretary's office launched an online software program for submitting public information requests. With this program, requestors have the ability to log into the Public Records Center to track the status of requests, communicate with the City, and access the requested documents. By capturing, routing, and managing public information requests, the system will enhance organization and create a convenient form of communication between departments, resulting in faster response times.
There is no charge for the first 10 letter sized pages. After the first 10 pages, there is a fee charged for any copies made. You will be notified of any fees before the requests are fulfilled.
To submit a request, please visit the Public Records Center.
For further information on the law, see the Public Information Act
Stay in the Loop with Notify Me and Social Media!
Subscribe to notifications using "Notify Me!" on Special Events, Bid Postings, Agendas, and more! Follow the City of Galveston's official Facebook page, Twitter page, and YouTube Channel for updates and happenings throughout the City as well as Island wide!
Barbara E. SandersonExecutive Director of Community OutreachPhone: 409-797-3707Cell Phone: 409-789-7040
Marissa BarnettPublic Information OfficerPhone: 409-797-3546Cell Phone: 409-692-6514
Adri RicheyCommunication SpecialistPhone: 409-797-3506Cell Phone: 409-370-7786
Public Information Office
- Beach Water Advisories: Galveston County Health District
- Beaches: Galveston Park Board of Trustees
- Birth / Death Certificates: Galveston County Health District
- Dickens on the Strand: Galveston Historical Foundation
- Galveston Beach Patrol: Galveston Park Board of Trustees
- Mardi Gras: City of Galveston
- Marriage Licenses: Galveston County Clerk's Office
- Tourism: Galveston Island Convention and Visitors Bureau
Crews will be working between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. We ask the public to avoid the area while crews are working. Read on...
The children chosen to attend this event demonstrated good behavior and teamwork throughout the summer programs held at the Parks and Recreation Centers in Galveston. Read on...
The Texas Ranger Division of the Texas Department of Public Safety and the Galveston County Sheriff’s Office have agreed to conduct this investigation. Read on...