Public Information Office
Tools for Open Government
Read more about open government from the Office of the Attorney General of Texas:
- Open Meeting Handbook (PDF)
- Public Information Handbook (PDF)
- Office of the Attorney General of Texas Website
Open Records Requests
The City Secretary's office launched an online software program for submitting public information requests. With this program, requestors have the ability to log into the Public Records Center to track the status of requests, communicate with the City, and access the requested documents. By capturing, routing, and managing public information requests, the system will enhance organization and create a convenient form of communication between departments, resulting in faster response times.
There is no charge for the first 10 letter sized pages. After the first 10 pages, there is a fee charged for any copies made. You will be notified of any fees before the requests are fulfilled.
To submit a request, please visit the Public Records Center.
For further information on the law, see the Public Information Act
Stay in the Loop with Notify Me and Social Media!
Subscribe to notifications using "Notify Me!" on Special Events, Bid Postings, Agendas, and more! Follow the City of Galveston's official Facebook page, Twitter page, and YouTube Channel for updates and happenings throughout the City as well as Island wide!
Barbara E. SandersonExecutive Director of Community OutreachPhone: 409-797-3707Cell Phone: 409-789-7040
Marissa BarnettPublic Information OfficerPhone: 409-797-3546Cell Phone: 409-692-6514
Public Information Office
Justin McGlocktonCommunications Specialist
- Beach Water Advisories: Galveston County Health District
- Beaches: Galveston Park Board of Trustees
- Birth / Death Certificates: Galveston County Health District
- Dickens on the Strand: Galveston Historical Foundation
- Galveston Beach Patrol: Galveston Park Board of Trustees
- Mardi Gras: City of Galveston
- Marriage Licenses: Galveston County Clerk's Office
- Tourism: Galveston Island Convention and Visitors Bureau
City facilities will be closed Friday in observance of Good Friday. Except for the police and fire stations, city buildings will be closed and staff will not be there to answer phones or respond to online inquiries on Friday. Read on...
Galveston City Council will meet via video conference on Thursday, April 9 at 1:15 p.m. for a special-called meeting. Read on...
The City of Galveston is monitoring a weather system expected to move through the area tomorrow. Read on...