Tools for Open Government
Read more about open government from the Office of the Attorney General of Texas:
- Open Meeting Handbook (PDF)
- Public Information Handbook (PDF)
- Office of the Attorney General of Texas Website
Open Records Requests
The City Secretary's office launched an online software program for submitting public information requests. With this program, requestors have the ability to log into the Public Records Center to track the status of requests, communicate with the City, and access the requested documents. By capturing, routing, and managing public information requests, the system will enhance organization and create a convenient form of communication between departments, resulting in faster response times.
There is no charge for the first 10 letter sized pages. After the first 10 pages, there is a fee charged for any copies made. You will be notified of any fees before the requests are fulfilled.
To submit a request, please visit the Public Records Center.
For further information on the law, see the Public Information Act
Stay in the Loop with Notify Me and Social Media!
Subscribe to notifications using "Notify Me!" on Special Events, Bid Postings, Agendas, and more! Follow the City of Galveston's official Facebook page, Twitter page, and YouTube Channel for updates and happenings throughout the City as well as Island wide!
Barbara E. SandersonExecutive Director of Community OutreachPhone: 409-797-3707Cell Phone: 409-789-7040
Sally BakkoDirector of Policy and Governmental Relations
Marissa BarnettPublic Information OfficerPhone: 409-797-3546Cell Phone: 409-692-6514
Kurt KoopmanPolice Media Specialist
Taylor GonzalezCommunications Specialist
Megan PierceAdministrative Manager & Special Event Coordinator
Antoinette LynchArts and Culture Coordinator
- Beach Water Advisories: Galveston County Health District
- Beaches: Galveston Park Board of Trustees
- Birth / Death Certificates: Galveston County Health District
- Dickens on the Strand: Galveston Historical Foundation
- Galveston Beach Patrol: Galveston Park Board of Trustees
- Mardi Gras: City of Galveston
- Marriage Licenses: Galveston County Clerk's Office
- Tourism: Galveston Island Convention and Visitors Bureau
A tax rate of $0.408850 per $100 valuation has been proposed by the governing body of the City of Galveston. Read on...
The Galveston City Council on Thursday approved the City of Galveston’s budget for the fiscal year beginning October 1, 2023, and ending September 30, 2024. Read on...