The mission of the Municipal Drainage Utility Division is to effectively and efficiently implement the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency mandated National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System by providing for the conveyance of clean stormwater to the maximum extent practicable.
- Cleaned and maintained all drainage ditches and major drainage channels within the Pirates Beach Subdivision.
- Cleaned and maintained all drainage ditches within the Sea Isle Subdivision.
- Commenced the cleaning of the drainage ditch system in the Indian Beach Subdivision.
- Improved drainage as needed in the West End communities and throughout the City by repairing and cleaning drainage culverts, storm sewer pipes, and drainage inlets.
- Cleaned curbed gutter pan system between 1st Street and 61stStreet.
- Provided slope mowing for large drainage ditch systems.
- Continue implementation of T.P.D.E.S. stormwater permit.
- Continue with the storm sewer cleaning and maintenance program.
- Implement public information program to promote and educate the general public about stormwater management.
- Provide training program to Public Works Staff pertaining to basic stormwater management.
- Continue providing slope mowing for large drainage ditch systems.
- Continue providing street sweeping for City roadways located between Ferry Road and Cove View Boulevard.
- Clean and maintain drainage ditch system in the Terramar Beach and Palm Beach Subdivisions