City Council-District 5
Email John Listowski
- Elected to City Council in 2018, 2020 and 2022
- Term expires in May 2024
John Paul was born and raised on Galveston Island. After graduation from O’Connell High School, he earned a degree in Construction Science from Texas A&M University and then returned to Galveston after graduation to live by the water and give back to his island home. He quickly gained experience by working with land developers and builders specializing in both residential and commercial development. His enterprising spirit soon led to active involvement in the community and service on several civic boards and commissions. Listowski has an extensive history of service and volunteerism on the island, as detailed below.
With the knowledge learned from both his work experience and community involvement, he started HomeLife Builders with the help of Sam Jolin. He oversees business development and works with clients through the development, planning and bidding stages of their custom home.
Boards and Commissions
- Vice Chairman of the City of Galveston’s Landmark Commission (2003 – 2007)
- Chairman of the City of Galveston’s Planning Commission ( 2003 – 2007)
- City of Galveston’s Property Finance Authority (2007 – 2017)
- Building Board of Adjustments (past board member)
- Zoning Board of Adjustments (2013 – 2014)
- Industrial Development Corporation (2014 – 2016)
- Redevelopment Authority (2016 – Present)
- Member - Galveston Economic Development Partnership
- Committee Chair and Past Board Member - Galveston Regional Chamber of Commerce