Filing Your Request With FEMA
The Disaster Assistance website will be your first step once the island is declared eligible for individual FEMA assistance. The site allows you to:
Do you need help for a business, local government, or community? If so, you may want to view our Other Recovery Help page. There you can find other resources that are not just for individuals.
For Recovery Resources
Visit the Texas Department of Insurance page for information to help you recover and rebuild. Topics include:
- Filing a claim and what to expect
- Frequently asked questions
- Options if your insurance isn’t paying enough or denies a claim
- When repairs need a windstorm inspection
- How to avoid contractor scams
Additional information that might be helpful:
Financial Security: Money Management in Times of Disaster Make a resolution to secure your finances from unexpected events of nature.