A Temporary License to Use (TLTU) application may be obtained in the Department of Engineering located at 3015 Market Street or by emailing a completed application and supporting documents to email@example.com. Submit your completed application at least 72 hours (3 days) in advance of the anticipated date. Please review the application and discuss your project with City Staff to determine actual fees. Please note, partial applications will not be accepted.
Permits are issued for 60 days and may request an extension. The maximum length of a TLTU is 120 days. If a longer period is needed then a permanent LTU must be requested from Planning Division.
A review by Public Works, Engineering, Police Chief, Fire Marshall, Sanitation, and Island Transit is required. A number of considerations are evaluated when city departments review the application and site plan for a Temporary License to Use in the city right-of-way. For example, if a dumpster is too large and will block the alleyway, the Fire Department may have an objection, in which case the TLTU would not be granted. Objections from any of the City Departments will automatically result in denial of the request. Each request is considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Some of our streets are state highways. TXDOT must give approval to block street. These streets are Broadway, Harborside, Ferry Road, FM 3005 (San Luis Pass), 61st Street, Teichman Road between 89th and Broadway and a portion of the Seawall between Broadway and Ferry Road.
- No alcohol on City R.O.W.
- No blow-up amusements allowed on the street. This is for safety reasons for fire and police.
- Blocking of the Strand MUST have signatures of owners affected.
- Seventy-five (75) or more people are considered a "Special Event."
- Fees are $5.00 per day, $10 application fee, and $45 starting fee for traffic. A $100 charge for Island Transit may be applied if the trolley will be affected by the request.
Should you need further information, please feel free to contact the Department of Engineering at Engineering@GalvestonTX.Gov or 409-797-3644
How to obtain a Handicap Parking Zone Sign
- The applicant must bring in the Handicap Placard or the vehicle registration showing issued handicap plates for the individual requesting the Handicap Parking Zone.
- A valid Texas Driver's License or Texas I.D. with the address matching the location where the Handicap Parking Zone is to be placed by the City.
- The applicant will need to pay a $50.00 fee for the installation on the zone.
- The installation of the zone should be installed approximately within 5 to 10 business days depending on the weather or other unforeseen reasons.
Street cut forms are required when the street has been cut out for work during construction. Streets Division will oversee the repairs made by the contractors. Contractors shall have an approved UROW permit with Engineering prior to start of construction.
Sec. 31-281. - Registration and construction permits can be found here
Sec. 31-302. - Applicable fees and rental rates to the city can be found here