The Civilian Review Board is responsible for:
- Reviewing police department internal investigations to determine if the investigation was sufficient and the conclusions were correct.
- Reviewing GPD operational policies, at the request of the chief of police.
- Writing a recommendation regarding the adequacy of the investigation or the operational policy to the chief of police on every case it reviews.
The Board will meet:
- As often as necessary to discuss matters within the concern of the board; however, the board shall meet no less than four (4) times during each calendar year.
- The chairperson of the board may call meetings as necessary to conduct business.
- The meeting shall be held at the police department.
- Mayoral appointment: Jeff Gelb
- District 1 - Philip Brown
- District 2 - Jeff Taylor
- District 3 - Herbert Turner
- District 4 - Brian Masel
- District 5 - Jason Ruth
- District 6 - Michael O'Reilly
View more information about the boards makeup, responsibilities, and more.
View minutes and agendas.