DECLARATION OF A QUORUM AND CALL MEETING TO ORDER
Clarification of Consent and Regular City Council Agenda Items - This is an opportunity for City Council to ask questions of Staff on Consent and Regular Agenda Items. (30 minutes)
A Joint Workshop between the Galveston City Council and the Park Board of Trustees to discuss the following items of mutual interest (City Council - 1 hour):
- Five Year Capital Improvement Plan
- A Resolution Of The City Council Of The City Of Galveston, Texas Approving An Interlocal Agreement With The City Of Galveston And The Galveston Beach Park Board Of Trustees Providing For Terms And Conditions For The Management And Control Of Various City Parks And Properties, The Maintenance Of Beaches And Parks, Providing For The Provision Of Funding Mechanisms Between The Entities, The Collection Of Hotel Occupancy Taxes, Insurance And Disaster Related Services, Use Of Facilities Operated By The Park Board, Purchasing Methods, Operation Of Paid Parking On The Seawall, Providing For Findings Of Fact And Providing For An Effective Date.
Receive and discuss a Presentation by Centerpoint Energy of proposed new substation at Block 387, commonly known as the intersection between Church and 27th Street, in the City of Galveston (G. McLeod/M. Jadidi - 30 minutes)
Discussion of changes to the membership and appointment process for the Cultural Arts Commission and the Arts and Historic Preservation Advisory Board (Yarbrough/Brown/Collins - 30 minutes)
Discussion of Galveston City Code, Article IV - Boards, Commission and Committees, Division 1 - Generally, Section 2-164 "Failure to Attend Meetings" (Yarbrough - 20 minutes)
Discussion of scheduling a Joint Meeting between the City Council and the Wharves Board of Trustees for the purpose of taking a boat tour of the Port of Galveston. (Brown/Yarbrough - 5 minutes)
Pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 551.074, "Personnel Matters" to deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, or duties of a public officer or employee.
- City Secretary Janelle Williams
- City Attorney Donald Glywasky
- City Auditor Glenn Bulgherini