The City of Galveston is accepting applications for a rental assistance program for eligible island residents.
The primary purpose of the Federally funded HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME) Tenant-Based Rental Assistance (TBRA) is to assist low-income individual households who need help paying their rent. The program also assists with security deposits. All applicants must be referred to Grants & Housing Department (G&H) by a local non-profit social service agency.
To receive HOME TBRA funds applicant must:
- Have a direct referral from one of the local non-profit social service agencies
- Qualify as a family as defined by HUD
- Must be a legal resident/citizen of the United States
- Must be a City of Galveston resident
- Have income at or below HUD-specified income limits (see the galvestontx.gov website)
More information and the application is available at https://www.galvestontx.gov/1103/Tenant-Based-Rental-Assistance-Program-T
You may also call Grants & Housing at (409) 797-3820 or send an email to TBRAProgram@GalvestonTX.Gov for additional information.